Friday, July 18, 2014

  • Friday, July 18, 2014
  • Elder of Ziyon
Another crazy busy week here at EoZ Central.

The number of daily readers of the blog has pretty much doubled - on some days, tripled - compared to usual. Two posts this week were unusually popular - the "Hamas hacks Domino's Pizza" article, which received over 10,000 hits, and the "Unbelievable anti-semitic attacks in Paris," which is approaching 8000 hits.

Even more unbelievably, some people are trying to say that all the Jews who witnessed the siege of the synagogue in Paris, and the police, are lying, and in fact it is the Jews who attacked the thousands of demonstrators who were yelling "Death to the Jews."

Other posts were just as notable. "Why everyone is getting the 'Sderot Cinema' Story Wrong" struck a chord with many readers. "The REAL Statistics of Those Killed in Gaza" was one of the few places to learn about how Hamas lies about civilian casualties (no thanks to the IDF, which really needs to get its information out there quicker.) My post explaining"proportionality" was also well-received.  (If you don't learn something new from each of my posts, I haven't done my job.)

Some of my old posts received much attention this week as well, as old accusations against Israel were being hurled on message boards and Facebook and people were able to point to my posts to explain the facts. Thousands of times this week people read my 2012 deconstruction of one of the most popular pieces of Pallywood, the staged photo of an "IDF soldier" stepping on a "Palestinian girl" which was really street theatre in Bahrain.

"Debunking The Map That Lies," a 2012 reposting of a 2011 article, was another very popular post this week.

As in every week, my "Apartheid?" poster series continues to get lots of attention, now having gone past the 150,000 hit mark.

Twitter has been huge as well this week. I gained hundreds of followers and I spent lots of time tweeting articles and cartoons and posters that I came across. (Ian captures all the English-language articles I tweet in the linkdumps.)  Thanks for the retweets!

Last but not least, I would like to once again  thank those who donated to EoZ this week. I am seeing lots of organizations - including media - trying to use the Gaza battles as a means to raise tens of thousands of dollars for their own work. I did not want to use the situation in Israel as a means to ask for donations, because it strikes me as a little opportunistic. But that makes the people who pro-actively donated very special to me, and I appreciate it.

Shabbat Shalom, in every sense of the word.



AddToAny

EoZ Book:"Protocols: Exposing Modern Antisemitism"

Printfriendly

EoZTV Podcast

Podcast URL

Subscribe in podnovaSubscribe with FeedlyAdd to netvibes
addtomyyahoo4Subscribe with SubToMe

search eoz

comments

Speaking

translate

E-Book

For $18 donation








Sample Text

EoZ's Most Popular Posts in recent years

Hasbys!

Elder of Ziyon - حـكـيـم صـهـيـون



This blog may be a labor of love for me, but it takes a lot of effort, time and money. For over 19 years and 40,000 articles I have been providing accurate, original news that would have remained unnoticed. I've written hundreds of scoops and sometimes my reporting ends up making a real difference. I appreciate any donations you can give to keep this blog going.

Donate!

Donate to fight for Israel!

Monthly subscription:
Payment options


One time donation:

subscribe via email

Follow EoZ on Twitter!

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive